Monday, September 2, 2013

...and I'm off!

On Wednesday, September 4th at 12:45 PM, I will be entering the Missionary Training Center to begin my 18 month mission to the Montana Billings Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! ..that was a mouthful. But this has been a long anticipated event, and I am so excited that the time has finally arrived!

In case you aren't familiar with Mormon mission(arie)s, I will completely be leaving behind all school, work, dating, family, and friends. My time will be spent serving, studying the gospel, and meeting and teaching people about Jesus Christ and His church. My communication home will be limited, which is why my mom will be the one updating this blog with my emails. You can learn more about missionaries here.

Some people think what I'll be doing is cool….and others think that it sounds crazy. Occasionally I think it sounds crazy. No math, no rock climbing, no USU…! But I have so many reasons why I want to serve and why it's all worth it to me. 

Here are a few:
  1.  Sharing. This gospel has brought so much happiness to my life- and I want to spread that with others.
  2.  Charity. I am looking forward to this opportunity of selflessness- of putting God and everyone else before myself
  3. Truth. I know my message of the restored church of Jesus Christ is true. All of it. You can read more of my testimony on my profile
  4. Called to Serve. I prayed long and hard about whether or not this was right for me- to put my life on hold for 18 months- and the answer that I felt was a resounding yes!
  5. Learning. Simply put- there's A LOT that I don't know.

I could go on, but really it comes down to #3 and #4- I know what I'm saying is true and I know that serving a mission is the right thing for me to do. 

And so here goes the biggest adventure of my life! I'll see you all in 18 months:) I hope you enjoy my emails/posts, and feel free to write me at the addresses to the right!


love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment