Friday, February 21, 2014

still has not slowed down!!...

Helllloooooo :)

The insanity still has not slowed down at all.

So here's details on the mid-transfer transfer... The stake presidency in Missoula really wants a temple in Missoula. And so they are trying to get enough members to split their stake so it will look like a more attractive place to put a temple. The outlying areas in the Missoula stake are doing great and are big enough for their own stake, but Missoula itself does not have enough members. So President Mecham pulled in all of the missionaries from the surrounding towns (Frenchtown, Superior, etc) and put them in Missoula. Sister Breaux was a part of that craziness. She was originally in a tri-companionship as a sister training leader in Missoula. 

President is also trying to get the sister training leaders (STL) closer to all of the sisters AKA a sister training leader in each zone. So that's why Sister Breaux was sent to the Butte zone. Originally she was going to be in Dillon, but then because one of the Dillon sisters has health problems, last minute he decided that the Dillon sisters would stay put but that Sister Pickering would leave and Sister Breaux would take her place.

Sister Breaux is pretty fun to be with, I can be weird with her and she doesn't get too worried haha She is way super open though which is different for me, because I'm not. We're getting along great. Apparently she was having a hard time in Missoula, I was having a hard time clicking with Sister Pickering, so we're both much happier. Not that there was anything wrong, but this allowed for things to be better.

Just as a side note, the Whitehall elders got doubled out and sisters got doubled in.

Did I tell you that Whitehall is getting a good chunk of our area? There isn't enough work in Whitehall, so the sisters will be living where we used to live and we're in the new apartment.

Which, by the way, I really like the new apartment. Probably just because we finally have a real kitchen!! It's so nice. But putting together the new apartment took all the way until Friday or Saturday of last week. It was ridiculous. We'd just slowly put things together and away as we had time.

But we never had much time, because of medical problems of the Whitehall sisters. One of the sisters has really bad migraines and also stomach problems, etc.. She ended up in the hospital three times last week. (I think it was 3, maybe 2)... But since Sister Breaux is a STL, it's her job to be there for the sisters, so we had to go to the hospital. 

In addition, the medical problems of the sister caused them to stay in Butte longer than they had expected. And so they had to go to Whitehall to get things. But because the one sister needed rest and couldn't go, I ended up going to Whitehall with her companion while Sister Breaux stayed with the sick companion.

Oh, speaking of sick, I got sick this week and Sister Breaux kept insisting that I take naps so that I'd get feeling better. So that slowed us down, too.

Anyways, I got to see Whitehall at night. I like roadtrips, so it was fun.

Speaking of road trips, the reason why I didn't email yesterday was because Sister Breaux and I went to Dillon yesterday. Yesterday we had zone training in the morning, and then the assistant that was there surprised us by saying that everyone was going on exchanges, including the STL. So we had to cancel our appointments for the night (with the Rawsons, Cody's family, and a LA/potential investigator visit) So Sister Breaux and I split up with each of the Dillon sisters. 

The drive to Dillon is so pretty, the mountains and hills between Butte and Dillon are beautiful! Dillon itself isn't super close to any mountains/hills though, so I'd say Butte's prettier. But Dillon's a really cool town, small and spread out. Some of the people that the Dillon sisters are teaching are rather crazy, so that was way fun.

We did get in some proselyting in Butte, though! We've seen our favorite black family twice, and they LOVE Sister Breaux and showing more interest in the gospel than they have in the past. We also saw the Rawsons last week and talked to Cody about receiving the priesthood and found out what his dad's hangup is. We've also seen our investigator who is still struggling to believe in Christ, and we had a good lesson with him. And then there are other less-actives that we've been visiting, etc..

So that's my week. Lots of crazy. I blame Sister Breaux because she is a STL :) 

Just random - our closet has a lock on the outside (I don't know why) and one night, she was joking about locking me in the closet. She almost succeeded a couple times! But I'm really good at fighting my way out of it haha comes with having two older brothers.

Anyways, I hope more work can get done this week! I don't envy leadership..

Love,
Sister Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment