Monday, April 7, 2014

Another crazy week....


hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)

This week was crazy. Sister Breaux had exchanges with Dillon, and so one of the three Whitehall sisters was going to come spend the time with me so I wouldn't be alone. That is, until we learned that one of the Whitehall sisters was getting transferred to Missoula. So then that'd leave someone else alone. And so there ended up being a tripanionship, and I spent a night in Whitehall.

While in Whitehall, we contacted a taxidermist whom missionaries had met with in the past. He was friendly, but not interested. BUT I learned a lot about taxidermy while there! I was really curious, so I asked a lot of questions. I think it grossed the other sisters out, though.

Speaking of Whitehall, there is a Community of Christ church in tiny little Whitehall! I was so super shocked, I had never seen the Community of Christ besides Kirtland.

Anyways, then we had to drive down to Dillon to pick up Sister Breaux. Guess who drove?? It was a fun and very beautiful drive. I really love the vast openness of Montana. The small towns are cute and it's all so calming. Pretty sure grad school in NYC wouldn't work for me. I probably wouldn't be able to breathe. 


                                                              On top of the Montana Tech "M" mountain

Oh, can't remember if I told you - I've pretty much decided that I'll try ice fishing and/or hunting when I get home from my mission. I can't serve in Montana and not try it.

So I spent almost all Tuesday night at the hospital.

Did you freak out????? Because don't worry, we were just visiting people. We had received a text referral about visiting a patient at the hospital. She is from Helena, but was in GFalls for therapy when something went wrong and so she got sent to Butte. Anyways, the GFalls sisters found her and sent the referral our way. She is less-active and wanted a priesthood blessing.

BUT anyways, I find it weird that someone was sent to BUTTE for surgery. Butte, as far as I know, is smaller than both Great Falls and Helena. So why Butte for surgery??? Whatever. But while we were at the hospital cheering her up, we ended up helping a lady carry things up to her husband's room where she was going to spend the night. We talked about the gospel with her considerably - there's some potential!


                                                              View from the Montana Tech mountain

GUESS WHAT???? Baptism this Saturday!! I am amazed with how much our investigator has changed and how much happier he is. I am also super grateful it's before transfers so Sister Breaux and I will both be there. I'm excited :)

Our last lesson with him was on tithing. He had problems with tithing the first time he met missionaries, and so I was slightly concerned. But in the lesson, he told us tithing was scripturally sound and that while he would have to rearrange his finances, he was willing to pay tithing. :) When you know the Book of Mormon is true, things fall into place.

LOVED conference, by the way. Because we were out of our area, we didn't really get the chance to set up watching conference in anyone's home. The only exception was watching the Sunday afternoon session with our ward mission leader and our investigator (the one that is getting baptized). The rest of the time we were at the church. But I also discovered that I can pay much better attention when I am at the church, as opposed to being home. I think I may always choose at least one session to watch at the church in the future.

My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's. I really feel that an attitude of gratitude - being grateful for more than just things - can have a tremendous healing power. So that's what I will be working on. 

Anyways, I don't have any more time. One of the elders in Butte is going home this transfer and so he wants as much time as possible to do things for his last preparation day. So we promised him we'd be fast for emailing. (They don't have a car and so we drive them to the library to email)

LOVE YOU, BYE!!!!

Sister Elise Griffin 

No comments:

Post a Comment