Monday, January 19, 2015

slow and steady wins the race??

Things this week have been slow.

Didn't help that I got sick. Not bad, but that may be because I made sure to sleep and eat well.
That is something I have definitely learned on my mission - if you take care of yourself, you get better much faster and frequently your illness doesn't get as bad, either.

I remember my sophomore year going to classes and having to sleeping in the library because I was so sick. And then I passed out on the shuttle back to the apartment, concluding with tossing my cookies. Yeah, I should have stayed home that day.

But I now have learned the truth of - 
"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order" (Mosiah 3:27)

You can't serve the Lord with all your "heart, might, mind and strength" when all you can think about is how much you feel like crap. Anyways.

We finally decided that the family hosting the other Japanese exchange student wasn't going to ask her if she wanted lessons. So we did it ourselves. We got a "yes, yes, please!" answer from her. So this week, we should be teaching her the first lesson. C'mon members, it wasn't that hard to ask her.

We might need to do the same thing with that other girl that I know I keep mentioning...

Anyways. 
Sister Gray is very excited to go home. 
Perhaps a little too excited.
I'm learning what I don't want to be like for my last transfer..

Sorry this is short, but they time us here (lame) and I'm running out of time and still have to write my president letter.

Have a great week!

Love,
Sista G

No comments:

Post a Comment